Mountain Biking - No Ordinary Ride in the ParkMountain biking in Wells Gray is no ordinary ride in the park! We like to think we’re on the cutting-edge of old-school mountain biking here, where tree roots and fallen rocks replace park rails and jams.
Our trails may be old school, but if you go the distance your rewards are pure Wells Gray: glacier-fed lakes, roaring waterfalls, blooming alpine meadows and brilliant mountain views!
Saddle up for a free ride or join a guided excursion on an integrated trail system through Clearwater and Wells Gray Park - you’ll finish up hungry for more fat-tire fun.
Guided RidesPedal and plummet up and down hills lined with cedar and hemlock. Drink in the scent of the forest and the breathtaking views on secluded mountain trails that seem to be reserved exclusively for you. Join an intimate pack of riders delving deeper and deeper into the forest – this is what real mountain biking is all about!
Join a guided ride they know all the best places to ride, whatever your skill level. Guided mountain biking tours through Clearwater and Wells Gray range from a two and a half hour romp for the whole family to a full-day, full adrenaline, endurance-testing ride to Majerus Falls. No matter which ride you choose your wheels will be turning, your face will be grinning and dirt will be flying !
Free RidingIf free riding is more your style, then stop by the Visitor Centre in Clearwater to pick up a map to the Blackwater Trail, a rolling 20-kilometre ride in the shadow of Pyramid Mountain. You’ll need to hang on to your handlebars with all of your might to ride the Roller Coaster and Corkscrew sections – keep pedalling – the view at the top will be worth all the mud, sweat and tears it took to get there!
When to Go
- April through October are the best times to mountain bike Wells Gray.
Need to Know
- Mountain biking in Wells Gray Park is a wilderness adventure – be prepared with insect repellent, sunscreen and bear spray
- Mountain bike equipment can be rented by the hour or by the day
- Guided mountain bike tours of Wells Gray are available
Wells Gray Top 8 Mountain Bike Rides
- Candle Creek Nordic trails – 32-kilometre brushy and dense ride
- Green Mountain Road – 3.6-kilometre short romp to the lookout tower
- Blackwater, Stillwater, McLeod Hill and South Murtle Trails – 30-kilometres of muddy-tire surprises
- Clearwater River Road – beautiful mountain vistas, moderate ride
- Majerus Falls – Full day of hardcore riding, topped off with waterfalls
- Spahats Valley Road (past Silver Tip Falls) – more eye-candy waits on this easy-to-navigate trail
- Raft River Forest Road – a free ride you won’t want to end
- Whitehorse Bluffs Trail – Drink in the views of the Clearwater River & Green Mountain