Tourism Wells Gray Association is the Destination Management organization representing the tourism industry in Wells Gray Country and Clearwater. Our mandate is to develop a strong year-round sustainable tourism industry within an internationally recognized destination, that benefits the entire community and is led by committed industry stakeholders working in effective partnerships.
Five-Year Tourism Strategy
The Five-Year Strategic Business plan was developed by Tourism Wells Gray through extensive consultation with tourism industry stakeholders in the area, as well as through careful consideration and integration of local, regional and provincial government and tourism plans.
Board of Directors
Tourism Wells Gray is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of elected and appointed members representing the tourism industry, government, community groups and First Nations. Elected Board members are elected by local tourism stakeholders during the Annual General Meeting.
To contact the Board of Directors, email email@example.com.
- Chair, Meira Larose, Cedar Haven Resort (Municipal Regional District Tax)
- Vice-Chair, Hazel Wadlegger, Wells Gray Outdoors Club (Director at Large)
- Secretary, Holly Louwerse, Holly Louwerse Photography (Guiding and Activities)
- Treasurer, Tania Govaert, Clearwater Springs Ranch (Municipal Regional District Tax)
- Councillor Chris Bowser, Simpcw First Nation
- Peter Bradstock, Chamber of Commerce Representative
- Tod Haughton, BC Parks, Area Supervisor – Thompson-Northern Forests
- Kenneth McKay, Interior Whitewater Expeditions (Parks Permit Holder)
- Will Robinson, Hop N Hog Smoke & Taphouse (Accommodation and Food)
- Councillors Bill Haring and Lynn Frizzle, District of Clearwater Representatives
- TBD, Wells Gray Country Services Committee (Thompson-Nicola Regional District, Area ‘A’)